PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines 737-900 MAX loses a door in-flight out of PDX
Old 7th Jan 2024, 11:25
Thruster763

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aeromech3
Originally Posted by Thruster763
The "pins" visible in the high res picture of the incident door and parts highlighted in blue in the post by MLHeliwrench are the guide mechanism, not the locking pins. The lock pins are lower down. The guides take the load as the door moves up so the striker pad support structure is not damaged as the door or plug moves out.
Is your picture of a lower freight door which opens inwards and swings up into a freight bay ceiling and has a handle mechanism which extends pins into the door aperture frame when closing?
I don't see such a mechanism in the E/E semi plug pictures.
Am I missing the point of your post?
It is a picture of a door guide and striker plates. The point of my post is the parts ringed in blue in the image by heliwrench and "pins" in pictures of incident fuselage frame (silver coloured) are NOT the locking pins or bolts, they are the door / plug guides on door / plug and guide pins on frame.

EDIT,
Just looked again and it appears that the guide pin and lock pin are combined on the mid emergency exit door. So the bolts do go intor the center of the guide pins. Sorry for the confusion.