PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines 737-900 MAX loses a door in-flight out of PDX
Old 6th Jan 2024, 16:22
Mr Mac

Received 169 Likes on 104 Posts
Well this just enforces my view re 737 Max and indeed makes me question my whole view of Boing as a company. I spent most of my working career on their products, but now actively avoid their products. I dont like the 787 and avoid 737 Max for pretty obvious reasons, though I was on a LH 747 up from Singapore at the end of last year, and she was fine and felt at ease. The new Boeings are a shadow of their predecessor's. To put in context I fly probably 2-3 times a week long and short haul over the year. If I am thinking like this and I am only humble SLF, how many others are taking this view re Boeings new products ? Get the company base back to Seattle, kick the accountant's back to where they belong, and let engineers design things. Accountancy is a support function in a business, not the defining thing unless you are an accountancy practice. There will be books written in the future about the demise of this business !!

Rant over
Cheers
Mr Mac