PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Flap Asymmetry questions
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2024, 03:10
oicur12.again

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Maisk Rotum
The QRH does not suggest normal operation can be resumed if moving the flap lever resolves it. With a skew or asymmetry the flap bypass valve is closed so no more movement is possible. The purpose of moving the flap lever to the lowest indicated flap setting is to use that position to determine your Vref.

Brake cooling schedules are in the QRH Performance in Flight section.
Maisk

Thanks for the info.

I assumed this to be the case which is why I posted the question.

However, our QRH reads thus:

Trailing Edge Flap Asymmetry

Note: If there is no longer any indication of the flap asymmetry indication after the flap lever is reset in step 1 below, normal flap operation has likely been restored. The crew may stop the NNC and return to normal procedures.

Step 1. Set the flap lever to the nearest detent that is equal to or less than the smallest indicated flap position.

The above info implies that a flap “reset” is underway by selecting a different setting but I cant see how this can restore flap operation?

I flew the bus for many operators and knew the manufacturers SOP etc however this is my only Boeing airline and I have no way of determining exactly what comes from the manufacturer and what comes from star fleet command!

As for brake cooling, we dont have a QRH Performance section at all.