PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Origin Pacific Whats it like??
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2004, 06:40
ZK-NSN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with father stroker. It may sound bad compared to Air nz but, news flash this is'nt air nz. you wont join the command list and wait for 8 years like eagle or air nelson, you'll probably have a command in 2 years on at least a j31 which gaint squid calls a heap but at the end of the day its better than a partinavia. the pay is not great but like i say command in 2 years. there is no senoirity list but thats to stop origin having to give commands to crew who either are not ready or have proven themselfs to to be jerks. origin is a private company and i doubt Helen will bail origin out if it goes belly up. crews are bonded for the specific reason to stop them from getting a rating or commmand and leaving soon after, which makes complete sense to me.

origin is overall a pretty good place to work, it doesnt have the money to chuck at its crew as anz, but the people are great, the boys probably too much fun and Nelson although not chaep is a great place to live. i suppose you cant keep pilots happy can you.