PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2024, 17:56
Mr Optimistic

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
Seeing you are asking the airport should be kept under the ownership of the council but greed and incompetence took over as income to LRT from the airport is being used for debt interest payments instead of dividends, which remain at zero.

If the airport was left at 18m then that would secure the airports future. It is now looking like LRT will borrow more money to finance phase 1 if approved, which further risks the airport of a takeover. The whole point of the concession is that the concessionaire takes the risks.

Let’s not forget that LRT is only here today due to a bailout by a council despite being created as a zero risk company to just collect concession fees and rents with no staff.

The town needs diversity not a single source employment choice for job creation where 24/7 becomes the only option.

These are all points I have said before so it is time to move on and get back to the airport, as no one is interested in my rants.
I enjoyed reading your posts, unfortunately conflicts of interest seem to be tolerated in local government. Here in Bedford we have the scandal of EWR route selection and the involvement of the past mayor and his cronies. These matters don't even need a whistle-blower as the prima facie evidence sits in broad daylight. Even posts on pprune won't have any effect .