PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia recruiting
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2024, 13:09
Plazbot

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by golu76
Hi all,
Can someone who has joined as experienced ATCO with ASA in past, throw some light on the conversion course for eg. its duration and how tough or easy it was. Also, what is the success rate of the conversion course and the final rating

Thanks in advance
I delivered a few conversion courses about 18 years ago and at that time the answer to your question is. 'it depends'. We would do a training needs analysis and the initial course was specifically based on the differences from where you came from. Usually less than 4 weeks. Following that it was group specific simulation of about 6 weeks the field training of 2-3 months. The hardest part for people was usually learning to feed the machine as Eurocat is pretty complex and you would get a very thorough presentation over 9 days.

As for success, it was pretty rare (I can't think of any) for an international to be unsuccessful. Most if the failures were from Ex Australian air force converts.

I'm pretty confident the process will be pretty similar today. Something Airservices does very well is training.

Last edited by Plazbot; 3rd Jan 2024 at 13:22.