PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2024, 19:15
Carpets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gopilot_fon
Hello guys
I would like to hear any detailed advice or actual problem information about CX ICAO English Exam on the cadet pilot selection..
Even though I searched and read the official website of IAE CLEAR, I couldn't clearly grasp exactly what the actual ICAO test in CX will be held..

I'd appreciate any information about the test and tips.
Thank you in advance.
It may have changed in the past few years, when I did it, it was like this:

You will be asked to reply to a series of pre-recorded questions over the phone. Once the recorded question has played you will have approximately 30 seconds to reply or answer the question. It will then play another question and so on. After a few questions there was a segment of the test that involves speaking to a real person (from memory the guy was from NZ). This person will again ask you some questions and you will answer. Once they have gone through their questions the test ends.

The entire thing takes less than 20 minutes. Some of the questions will be about aviation and what you may or may not do in certain situations, don't feel like you have to answer these perfectly as it is not assessing your aviation knowledge, it is purely an assessment of your English comprehension.

There are no trick questions or things you need to practise or memorise. If you can speak and understand English you will get ICAO level 6.