PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 2nd Jan 2024, 17:17
aviator86444

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am in two minds in what to do with my training. I have aspirations to fly for an airline on a jet eventually, and I am currently weighing up pros and cons of both integrated and modular training. I am lucky enough to be in a position where with a mix of parent funding and finance I can afford both routes. After visiting a few flying schools I was most drawn to L3 and Leading edge, although the recent news on L3 has deterred me slightly. I am now considering a full time modular route which would save me £30,000-£40,000 in training costs and should still be completed in roughly 2 years if all goes to plan. However, I am slightly concerned about job prospects for modular students as I know certain ATO's have holding pools and student can get tagged during training. Does anyone know how much harder it would be to get an airline job with a modular fATPL completed across a handful of flying schools? Would the fact that I would be doing it full time also benefit me as the training would not be over a huge timescale? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am worried about the prospect of spending £60,000/£70,000 in the modular route and then be much less likely to be hired afterwards. I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere but I cannot find any recent discussion on this in particular. If there is and I have missed it, please send a link as that would also be of great help.
Aviator86444

Last edited by aviator86444; 10th Jan 2024 at 19:47.