PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speedbird Pilot Academy - Funded
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2024, 16:20
Dracarys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Huge congratulations to those who have made it through the process! It’s a fantastic achievement, and you should be rightly delighted. I was a cadet 8 years ago, so I know how exciting it is to make it through the process. I look forward to flying with you all in the future.

In terms of the suggestions of nepotism... I believe that this process is as objective as any process reasonably could be. Naturally, some people will have an advantage in various ways, perhaps helped by people they know having experience of working for the company for some years. But that is not nepotism. And it’s easy to point the finger at such individuals and suggest that their advantage is insurmountable for you, but neither is that true. For instance, everything you could possibly need to know about BA to perform well in an interview can be garnered from ba.com (History & Heritage etc). And there’s nothing unique about the tests such that only those with inside knowledge could hope to do well in them. A well-written application and strong preparation for the assessments is the principal difference between those who make and those who do not.

So, if you didn’t make it, don’t blame other people or the process, and don’t blame yourself either. Not making it through this does not in any way mean that you will not become an excellent airline pilot in the future.