PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Teesside-2
Thread: Teesside-2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2024, 14:59
pug

Received 99 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Get me some traffic
SWBKCB I don't understand where you are coming from. Don't you want the airport to succeed? Access to any airport is vital. Try getting to Teesside Airport by public transport. Taxis are too expensive for a lot of people and not everyone owns a car. How do you get from Bishop Auckland or Shildon to the Airport. The station asset has been there for decades and has been allowed to fall into disrepair. Let's improve all the infrastructure and the passengers/airlines/flying clubs/ bizjets etc will come. We need this airport let's support it.
This field of dreams thinking has seen £bns wasted in this country over many years. The idea that such a scheme should be supported without question boggles the mind.

Dedicated airport rail facilities typically don’t really work until an airport reaches a critical mass of something like 10mppa. So, unless there is some way of influencing service providers to create an integrated hub or ‘park and ride’ style service for local people to access services to London etc.. then forget it. If the Mayor is able to squander more public money on this white elephant then I despair.