PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2024, 17:23
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Navpi
I still don't see how you can have a supposed global hub if T2 is a mile from T3 ?
Ryanair won't pay for any bells and whistles like connecting to other carriers. Hence they would, I imagine, rightly push back against any additional costs in connecting T3. I don't think you can even connect to FR arriving into DUB T2 and they're literally connected airside as FR won't pay for it. And that's fair IMHO. If you're serious about connectivity, I cannot think of a major airport that does well in doing so without an anchor carrier, operating a network hub and spoke system. It's really a pre-requisite, and BA are not gonna do it and no one else has a hub and spoke operation worth mentioning in the UK.
So point to point or spoke to hub it is, and I think they'll have to build accordingly.

That said, does anyone have some stats on volume of pax connecting between terminals at MAN? There'll be a few connecting to long haul on seperate tickets I have no doubt? That would give insight on whether a frequent bus makes sense?