PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 121 Flighttime requirements for a foreign airline pilot?
Old 31st Dec 2023, 01:04
B-757

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FalseGS
Have a colleague who's joining AA and he had a curious take on this from a Canadian perspective.

A number of regionals he had applied to and interviewed with said they will accept CAR 705 PIC time towards the 121 hours requirement. I have asked this question earlier on APC and was told that 121 time only qualifies if it's 121 time. No corresponding XAA hours will be accepted, zero exceptions.

He, however, was quite insistent on the fact that the recruiters were willing to accept the hours (as if it's their decision, but that might be just paraphrasing) and offering the joining bonus corresponding to their matrix.

Does anyone have any experience with regards to this? I, for one, am sceptical of his information.

Sorry for the thread hijack.
..I think 2 different things discussed here..Airline hiring requirements vs. FAA-requirements..FAR121 will explain the regs concerning the US-airlines..For the PIC, 1000hrs flying under FARs is required, foreign time does not count for this purpose..

Fly safe,
B-757