PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Max: Loose Rudder-Control Fastener Issue.
Old 30th Dec 2023, 14:27
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute!

There's a reason, and a pretty good one, to follow the repair/maintenance checklist. And on some procedures, even have two or more folks verify.

Next flap failure was a mechanical problem and pilot couldn't land it on first try, then got tired and bailed. You see, you had to hold almost the max limit of force - figure 15 - 16 lb for over 10 or more minutes. And then do not get slow or try to flare for touchdown. First failure like mine was fatal, as jet began a sharp roll below 170 knots or so and the guy ejected sideways too low. Accident board for second one( not long after mine) resulted in a video of what I did, as it was not widely publicised originally. All Viper units got the video and we never lost another plane to a leading edge flap problem/failure.

I have always thot that the MCAS debacle was an example of not making widely known of a potential problem and a fairly simple procedure to safely return. And then, of course, fix the system!!

Gums sends...