PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows - toxic culture
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2023, 17:25
Toadstool

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Finningley Boy
Indeed, but calls by Lucifer, for example, for people to boycott air shows if the Red Arrows are on the billing is quite unnecessary. This is going down the road of running away from Police "men" as some advocated in the light of the Derek Cousens rape/murder of Sarah Everard, its over emotional. As I believe you're suggesting, this needs to be dealt with and assigned to history while hopefully the more Gentlemanly culture, which I thought was largely there in my time, comes to the fore again. Although to give weight to your point there certainly was a rather more familiar carry on between men and women some years ago, and swung both ways, although nothing to get upset about. As best as I can recall.

FB
FB. I am suggesting that the Red Arrows should continue. I do think though that there is a toxic culture there that should be dealt with with extreme prejudice and the results promulgated. If, as is to believed, RAFAT is a major recruiting tool, this needs to happen forthwith. I do have to say though, this doesn’t seem to be as prevalent elsewhere which begs the question.