PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speedbird Pilot Academy - Funded
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2023, 09:33
Gordomac

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Speedbird PIlot Acadamy-Funded

Polom : Your articulation is better than mine. I never meant 'keep trying' for just the BA scheme but keep trying to get into the profession by any means you can find or fund. You show the type of determination that 'll see that pretty young thang asking you if you'd like a cuppa. Who cares if it is at 20,000ft in a turbo or 43,000 ft across the Atlantic. Who cares what's painted on the side of an aeroplane. You will be exercising the privileges of your well earned "Commercial" that permits you to fly for hire or reward.<br /><br />Specifically if the BA scheme does have a limit, they will like seeing you coming back until the last try. HR often impose limits because the volume is just too high. Not fair, not just, actually pretty knee-jerked self imposed blinkered view because those who keep coming back will have, be experience, as you allude, improved and learned by previous rejection and made success at the graduation stage much more likely.<br /><br />The bottom line asked by the Selectors is "How likely is this candidate to pass that final Line Check &amp; be released into Line flying within the time frame imposed by Accountants. Given no time limit, we would often wind up with the most likeable and deserving. Given a strict timetable, it becomes very restrictive and you wind up with a bunch of space cadets ca[able of NASA selection.<br /><br />Then, as BA found with Hamble,you wind up with a bunch of sameis.They look alike, sound alike,talk alike and this then has an impact, much later on Flight Decks. BA started to look for different personality types and backgrounds as a result. Came too late for Hamble.<br /><br />But, I have to say from a Selectors point of view, widening the age criteria to 55 is just plain daft.<br /><br />Good fortune Polom. When that young thang asks if you fancy a cuppa......................mmmmmmmm................You are there.<br />