PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ways to get there...
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2023, 16:03
PolomDrastiz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaair
Where is there true success and happiness without risk?

Just the thought of the likely possibility of looking back at my life and thinking "what if I tried" makes my stomach turn a little!

I will try; if I succeed (happy with my job and life) then great. If I don't succeed or I end up being miserable as a pilot then very well, it was an expensive lesson. But I tried.

A lot of people, who originally were crazy about flying, decide to take the safe route and avoid aviation as a whole. I cannot bare the thought of spending the rest of my life working in an office 9-5, taking the same train everyday with the same miserable commuters, looking out of our one office window at the jet contrails and thinking "what if".
That's just life, you'll always have regrets, the ones who don't simply don't because of their mindset and attitude towards rumination and regret. If you want to find something to regret you'll find something, if you don't want to find regret you wont find regret .

Also don't be so silly, people who are retired don't get happiness from reminiscing. Humans are too preoccupied by the present, they're focusing on their deteriorating health and try to focus on reaping what they sowed in terms of relationships and enjoying the fruits of their labour with regards to raising a family.