PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aero Maleth Diversion
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2023, 15:32
wowzz

Received 102 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Wycombe
Yes, I've heard this rumour also. To be honest, I think they'll struggle to fill the ships if they go down that route. I think prices, including the flights out and back are already pretty good. We paid around £1,600pp for a 2 week cruise in a balcony cabin, including the return Tui flights, and with £700 on-board spend thrown in (ie, "free" money to spend on-board) for the 2 of us in our cabin. I think that's pretty good value for a Carribean holiday that took in 9 islands in total.

To update on the current situation with the diverted flight, the A330 sent from LGW to rescue the pax is just arriving in BDA. The aircraft they were originally on when diverted arrived 58hrs ago!
I agree about the value for money aspect - we paid slightly more than you for our December 1st cruise but with our shareholder obc, we had over £1000 obc. Finally had to "pay" fir our own drinks on the last day !
Realistically, P&O would have to reduce their fares by over £500 pp for cruise only customers, and even then, many of us would still prefer the convenience of flying from a local airport (BHX for us) rather than the slog to MAN or LHR/LGW.