PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Surfers Paradise airfield / VH-WAS
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2023, 06:28
Lance Shippey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Geoff and Chris. I was looking back at a photo of my first licenced PPL flight on a dull rainy morning from Bankstown . Not sure if the a/c was VH-SVW or VH-IAL.{Both PA28 cruisers) direct imports from the USA, and put into the Chieftain aviation hire fleet. easier to learn on with a trim wheel rather than the winding handle in the cockpit ceiling. I ended up using a PA28 Dakota at EPPS air services at De Kalb airport, Atlanta to get a FAA licence endorsement. I have you to thank for learning to fly. I remember after my horrific road accident with the Citroen Dyane I had driven overland from Frankfurt to Calcutta in the centre of Sydney, I asked you if I should replace the written off French car with a Triumph TR7, or learn to fly. The choice became obvious. and after going through a few instructors, I finally got the right one in Sterling Preston. I will always remember him punching me on the leg, after I let my speed drop to a very low speed on finals, and him shouting "I will die because of you decision, but I will not die because of your indecision, put some f-ing power on" .

Lance