PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Army MRH-90 helicopters to be buried in landfill
Old 25th Dec 2023, 23:03
helispotter

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Duck Pilot
...Also not forgetting that government decided to purchase a lemon that's been plagued with problems for the AAD that can't refuel in Hobart. And there was the 19 million given away to consultants to decide that it wasn't a good idea to build an airstrip in Antarctica.
I realise this is drifting from the topic, but the refuelling of the icebreaker should be able to be resolved fairly easily with the use of a fuel bunker barge. I am surprised there haven't already been such facilities in place for larger ships visiting Hobart in the past. As for the airstrip plans, I hadn't heard of that expenditure on consultancies until this post, but soon afterwards came across this ABC News article about it:https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-12-...ants/103259026

Might be worth a new thread being created about that? How can $19M be spent before it is clear the pin needs to be pulled on a project?

Update: There is a thread on that topic under "Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific" titled: 'A real bad precedent': Australia criticised for Antarctica airport plan. I placed the link to the ABC article there.

Last edited by helispotter; 25th Dec 2023 at 23:33.