PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling Radgirl New Prostate Cancer Scan?
Old 25th Dec 2023, 03:06
tdracer

Received 186 Likes on 90 Posts
Originally Posted by BFSGrad
Some mischief hiding in the word “relatively.” In the U.S., prostate cancer is the #2 cause of male cancer death and has about the same death rate as breast cancer for females.

As for sticking your head in the sand, after (and during) your first prostate biopsy, you will be paying attention. The ultimate attention getter.
The number of men who die from prostate cancer is relatively low compared to number who get prostate cancer (like I said - more than half). Further, the cure rate if detected fairly early is very, very high.
Most of the men who die from prostate cancer are the ones that bury their head in the sand and never get checked. I agree, once you get to the biopsy stage, it's pretty hard to ignore. Problem is mainly the guys who don't bother getting their PSA/Prostate checks. By the time the prostate cancer symptoms become impossible to ignore, it's too late.
I once told my Urologist that I didn't like seeing him - he kept doing very unpleasant things to me. He laughed and said he'd be a bit worried about me if I didn't feel that way...