PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 30-40 Virgin Blue Cabin Crew Quit each month ?
Old 24th Jan 2004, 20:00
Left2primary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red,

people dont make a career of cabin crew jobs with Virgin Blue because the wages and conditions offered do not allow it.

Branson pays his employees well under the industry standard worldwide and as far as I can tell only garners loyalty and comittment from staff by "engineering" it as "fun/enjoyable" place to work.

It takes a while for his staff to realise that all the "froth and bubble" doesnt pay the bills or put much in the way of food on the table.

At this stage staff realise that they have been "had". They then leave for greener pastures.

My partner just mentioned that people also use VB as a stepping stone to employment with other airlines which just goes to illustrate my point.

High staff turnover suits Godfrey and his mob perfectly. The "Tits and Bum" image that is used to such great effect in selling the airline benefits enormously from this flow of fresh eager young things.

The net effect of VB is more downward pressure of the wages and conditions of shorthaul crew that work for airlines that still pay, "living wages".

Not pretty I know but at least staff at VB can feel good about all the millions RB ,GD and co. are making.

You may not be paid what you are worth but Im sure Sir Richard is very grateful.

Another Island anyone??????

Cheers