PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast international-3
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2023, 00:12
easyflyer83

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by True Blue
And what use is a really good fare if you have to depart from one airport and fly back to the other to get it? The day I booked, the first flight ex Bfs to Lgw is at 2.30pm. Really? I have travelled Bfs- Lgw lots of times in January over the years on Ezy and rarely saw a light load. The current offering leaves a lot to be desired and their actions will ruin this route. If they believe that their service is Belfast(no regard from which airport) to Gatwick, they are fools. If I have departed Bhd, but have to return to Bfs, how am I to get to my car, as most people would have to do? It seems that they don't care about that point and have decided that services from 2 airports have no impact on the passenger. As far as they are concerned, they offer a number of flights over a range of times. But seeing the schedules offered on other routes, I am not surprised as I think on this area(schedules) they seem to have lost the plot. And in my daily life, I see little sign of this cost of living crisis as I visit well used coffee shops, restaurants etc. Most people seem to have accepted what has happened and are getting on with their lives. Maybe Ezy pays too much attention to the news.
I’m not chalking it up to the cost of living crisis. January has always been dead. It’s just after the festive period. People have spent up, they’ve travelled for parties, shopping trips etc. Culturally, there tends not to be an awful lot going on and business travel is on its backside.

Whilst I agree, having the first flight on a Wednesday at 1430 on a domestic route is sub optimal from a flexibility point of view, I’m sure that the data led to that decision.

There’s no shortage of aircraft to operate the route in January so we must conclude that it’s simply not profitable. Incidentally, there’s no shortage of aircraft in January on a Wednesday (and certain other days) because there are many other routes where the same applies.