PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Legends Canned for 2024
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2023, 19:29
GeeRam

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Krystal n chips
As for FL, well as I said, the Bucc team have been open as to why, regrettably, they can't allow spectators to be present when such occur. The word...costs, was mentioned.

Why FL have ceased operations for a year, only they know and, maybe, in time, they will reveal why. However, in the current economic climate, this could well be a hard nosed commercial decision to enable their excellent operation to continue in the future. In which case, all credit to them for making it.
I would also agree that its likely they've had to take a hard nosed business decision in the current economic climate, especially with regards to ever increasing costs, insurance especially, which has gone up tremendously in the past 12 months.
TFC would almost certainly made a loss putting on last years show (and likely a large one) and they were likely going to have to make sure that this years show did not clash with RIAT again to maximise footfall through the gates. Maybe the only date they were offered for this year was again the same weekend as RIAT, and thus it was deemed prudent to not go ahead with it this year.
I suspect, that we may well have seen the last Legends. Hopefully not, but, I just don't think putting on such a show as a go-it-alone is financially a viable proposition with the massive costs increases in just about everything in the past few years.