PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airways Cymru International
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2023, 05:40
rog747

Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by WHBM
Arrived at Palma in 1985, alongside was Airways Cymru One-Eleven G-WLAD. Tracing its details later, I found it was none other than one time British Eagle aircraft G-ATPI, on which I made my first jet flight in 1968 on Liverpool to London, just weeks before Eagle went under.

Airways Cymru never seemed to get any high-utilisation holiday flight series, and just worked with lesser sets of flights and ad-hocs. Regarding One-Elevens out of BRS/CWL, I think I recall in the early 1970s Cambrian were of course there, and also Court Line in 1973-4, in one of their less-common actual basings away from Luton, for Clarksons.
Yes, Airways Cymru's 1-11's were both ex British Eagle TPH Salute and TPI Supreme.
(TPK went to Laker, and TPJ & TPL to Dan Air)

BRS/CWL saw plenty of BAC 1-11 IT Holiday ops from the late 1960's with Autair, Channel, and then with Court Line's 500 series, plus Cambrian Airways of course.
Clarksons had a large amount of package holidays offered from the 2 airports, sometimes the flights were a ''double-drop hop'' IE: CWL-BRS-PMI