PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Recruitment Preferences
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2023, 12:42
ManFlex40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HeathrowPilot1998
Hi,

I'm currently reviewing my Modular vs Integrated options. I have 24 hours towards my PPL, but held off going further as I was considering integrated options. I got to the final stage of the BA academy process but was unfortunately unsuccessful, so I have the option to self fund a Skyborne course. I also have an offer from L3, but the recent news regarding L3 has put me off a tad.

I know that airlines tag cadets post ATPL, but I was wondering about modular vs integrated in terms of job opportunities post graduation. If I come out of a scheme with 90% average, all first time passes, am I more likely to get a job than if I did the same on a modular process? My main concern is shelling out £100,000 for a scheme, when I could go down the modular route for closer to half the price. I unfortunately don't know any pilots, so I have no one I can really ask the question to.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the above. I reviewed the stickied thread but could not find too much. I'm more concerned about the job opportunity side of it. If British Airways, Easyjet would much rather hire someone from a scheme than a modular route, that does put me off slightly doing modular.

If any pilots / people knowledgable with the current situation would be able to assist, I would very much appreciate this. Feel free to PM me too.
I went modular, and I’m fortunate enough to be through to the final stage of tagging selection with a well known UK carrier- if you’ve started your PPL and are committed to finishing it, stick to modular with a good outfit, you won’t regret it!