PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-4 Favourite of UK Pilots claim
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2023, 09:28
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 127 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
You mean "This is a weapon system. It is the property of the US Navy" promo film?
I've no recollection of any USN aspect, more a promo film from McD.

It started well enough with shots of the F-4 cavorting around perfect blue skies, interspersed with shots of an adoring public looking upwards....however, then came the Hollywood " something bad is about to happen " music....enter, a T-33. The commentary gave the game away, something about "when danger threatens, the angel of mercy becomes the angel of death ! "..cue, T-33 sneaking (S&L) through dark clouds with....a BIG RED STAR on the side...just to ensure we knew who the "baddie " was.

The mighty Toom duly recycles the T-33.... seen cascading in a million bits towards the ground....music changes, again, to happy music, F-4 again doing loops and rolls around a blue sky and, on the ground, same adoring public (presumably nowhere near the debris field) showing their admiration.

Despite having done the "Q" course, I never actually got to work on the beast because Innsworth / manning , in their "infinite wisdom " cancelled the posting to 31 and went to 431 instead.