PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bonza has its AOC
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2023, 08:30
SOPS
short flights long nights

Received 157 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Colonel_Klink
Except the ZK registered freighters, such as Airwork, have Australian based pilots employed under an Australian Enterprise agreement represented by an Australian Pilot Union. This is different to the Flair set up.

As I said a while back - the fact that these are Canadian pilots probably means that people here are less inclined to show too much concern. But what would happen if the aircraft and pilots were to come from somewhere in the third world where pilots terms and conditions are significantly less than what our Canadian colleagues are paid?

I have a real concern that this is the thin end of the wedge. And there’s been multiple examples in the media where Bonza have suggested that they want this to be an ongoing relationship with Flair.

As an Australian pilot, employed in Australia, I do not find it acceptable, under any circumstances, of businesses undermining Australian pilot terms and conditions. And that’s exactly what Bonza are doing under this arrangement.
I really hate to say it. But in the year we cannot talk about, this is exactly what happened. The precedent was set then. It’s been downhill ever since.