PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Recruitment Preferences
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2023, 16:07
RichardH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the easiest way to find 50 pilots under training whose training records are immediately available from a known source?
Used to happen on a regular basis at the ATOs I was instructing at the time.

Do you think if I did modular, and came out with say 90%, 1st time passes, I would have the same chance applying to airlines,
Yes you should have no problem at all, the airlines tend to use 85% as a guide. However the flying CPL & IR first time or at least first series pass more important and a good report from MCC is vital. ATPL theory pass rates just a quick way of determining which CV goes in the round filing cabinet (bin) first.

I guess my main concern is employment opportunities coming out of the modular course, but the flexibility of modular and also the cost reduction is a big attraction.
You are missing another benefit of modular ie. not having to stump up £25K+ in advance with no financial protection (unless purchased on credit card) with no guarantees at the end.
As you are already 24 hours into your PPL continue modular go and get class one ASAP. You will find that all the old sages on this forum (like me) will tell you to go modular unless you are on an airline cadet scheme & even they can go pear shaped.

Retired ATPL instructor.