PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Recruitment Preferences
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2023, 11:40
sudden twang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=HeathrowPilot1998;11559908]Hi,

I'm currently reviewing my Modular vs Integrated options. I have 24 hours towards my PPL, but held off going further as I was considering integrated options. I got to the final stage of the BA academy process but was unfortunately unsuccessful,

interesting conundrum hopefully this is logical….

You got through to the final stage
So you’re in the top 250ish of 23000
You weren’t in the top 100 this year. You may have been number 101.
When the scheme reopens many applicants will be the same as this year minus the top 100 but plus those who could not apply this year.
statistically you have a much better chance in 2024.
Additionally you have experienced the process which will help. Reapplying shows motivation and determination more pluses.

id be careful not to embark on a course that precludes you from applying.

On the other hand if you were head of recruitment and had 100 trainee pilots going through a course and you were in regular contact with the training organisations and your COO says we need to increase the 100 to 150 asap how would you do it? You have limited time and finite resources. What is the easiest way to find 50 pilots under training whose training records are immediately available from a known source?

But the modular is 50k cheaper. You can move training organisations etc etc. that argument has been done before. I did all 3 routes.