PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Legends Canned for 2024
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2023, 10:54
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 127 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by Quemerford
What has an anti-det (anti-deterioration for those who don't do smug) run got to do with Flying Legends (something which always has public attendance)? Sounds to me like nothing of the sort. Anyone else got a bizarre reason that's not related? Asparagus-picking in the Malverns maybe?
Forgive me for being under illusion this is an aviation site and therefore most people would be familiar with aviation terms, such as, anti-det for example....oops, silly me, done it again...but, as with your reference to the B-52 on another thread, you do seem to have an obsession with being pedantic

As for FL, well as I said, the Bucc team have been open as to why, regrettably, they can't allow spectators to be present when such occur. The word...costs, was mentioned.

Why FL have ceased operations for a year, only they know and, maybe, in time, they will reveal why. However, in the current economic climate, this could well be a hard nosed commercial decision to enable their excellent operation to continue in the future. In which case, all credit to them for making it.

As an aside, the heritage railway sector is also facing increased costs hence some have sent out begging letters but, the crisis is deeper than funding so many are going to have to review their entire operating strategy.

Hope this helps explain my thinking, that your indigestion gets better soon....and you get some nice new registrations in your notebook for 2024