PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2023, 08:16
SWBKCB

Received 101 Likes on 70 Posts
EZY are being questioned for jumping on routes from SOU which already have operators.....Seriously?
Hats off to them I say - It's a fair start, so what more do we want?
It's a fair point to say operate where there is proven demand, but the risk is you weaken the encumbent operator and end up with an EZY domestic network operating at random dates and times. Wouldn't the airport prefer new customers rather than having a battle over existing one's?

I did recently critique here the fact that they are not always flying daily on the Domestics, but I will live with that. I can now get to Liverpool or Manchester in less than time than ever for £40-£60
I would guess that such novel itineries will remain a minority taste!

They are replacing much of BA's rather sad sorry attempt on the Summer Sunshine Leisure routes, and EZY will be going to Faro, Palma and Alicante. There is frankly no one else that can step into SOU with such Operations, albeit for now, without a fixed Base at SOU, as EZY have to use their aircraft based at the UK outstations or overseas bases in Europe, which will always be the limiting factor on anymore new destinations they can offer.
I agree - the Cityflyer operation never looked long term, have they stuck at anything in trying to find work when LCY is shut? I think the better option for SOU would have been for EZY to concentrate on the sunshine routes.