PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2023, 07:53
rog747

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts
EZY are being questioned for jumping on routes from SOU which already have operators.....Seriously?
Hats off to them I say - It's a fair start, so what more do we want?

They are attempting to open up to a wider clientele on the UK Domestic scene. (cheaper and hopefully better than the likes of the current incumbents)
I did recently critique here the fact that they are not always flying daily on the Domestics, but I will live with that.
I can now get to Liverpool or Manchester in less than time than ever for £40-£60

They do rather well on the Winter Swiss/French Alps SKI scene.

They are replacing much of BA's rather sad sorry attempt on the Summer Sunshine Leisure routes, and EZY will be going to Faro, Palma and Alicante.

There is frankly no one else that can step into SOU with such Operations, albeit for now, without a fixed Base at SOU, as EZY have to use their aircraft based at the UK outstations or overseas bases in Europe, which will always be the limiting factor on anymore new destinations they can offer.

IF
Jet2 were to ever come South, then maybe SOU could be in their sights for a Base, but their new A320N's are not due for 4-5 years...

Last edited by rog747; 21st Dec 2023 at 07:57. Reason: grammar