PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speedbird Pilot Academy - Funded
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2023, 16:18
Alanga1991

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My mate works for Aer Lingus and said their past scholarships used to be full of captains kids who got pushed through. according to her it's getting better now. so i can defo see where this person is coming from in terms of nepotism. I'd like to believe it was a fair process. But if I were a BA captain, would I push my kids and flex my muscles to get them on? Yes I would. I'd be a fool not to!

The great thing is you don't have to believe some random guy on the internets. do your own digging. In the coming weeks more and more people will announce their 'delight' and 'excitement' on LinkedIN. Just copy and paste this "speedbird pilot academy" OR "speedbird academy" into the LI search bar and you'll see who has announced it. Then do your own digging on their profile from there. Who do they know? Where do they work? Who have they already interacted with in the past, who happens to be part of the recruitment process. Now disclaimer: I'm not saying all the cadets are inside jobs, but if I'm high up at BA and my son/daughter/nephew/niece wants to be a pilot. I'm pulling all the strings I can to call in all the favors in the world to get them on the scheme. Because why not? Why work hard to get into a prestigious position if you can't use it to benefit those closest to you. that's life and good on them.

PS: Do the same search for the TUI scheme and see how many people had some sort of links to TUI in some way, shape or form. You'll be shocked. Like I said, it happens. Just don't be naive in thinking such coincidences happen.