PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurowings Europe F/O
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2023, 12:45
AndrewLincoln

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey,

My feeback from EW BQ.

Just some additionnal tips from my points of view, I won't go into much details, as the previous feedbacks cover more than enough.

Morning :
ATPL and Maths problems are the hardest. As you know, most people get eliminated of these two.
I could not finish the test for both of them. At some point, I had to answer randomly before the end of the timer (so yes, I was a bit lucky).
What I would advice is : you need at least 30 seconds to answer randomly 10 questions. Be aware that on each computer, there is a delay when you click on "Start" or "Continue" (hence my advice).
And since you do not lose point for an incorrect answer, just go for it, you never know.
ATPL test does not really look like what I used on "PASS". I would say it's a bit Ops oriented.

Example of Maths problem that I can remember :
8 excavators can remove 600 kg in 3 days.
How long for 6 excavators to remove the same amount ?
Sister is 2 years younger than her brother.
Father is 3 times older than her daughter.
The age of all three of them is equal to 75. How old is sister ?
A car/aircraft/whatever has a half-filled tank. When it uses 4/5 of this quantity, it can travel X km. What is the range with a full tank ?
Also a variant where you have to calculate the total volume (in liters).

Almost all the questions were like this. With percentages problems, area and volume (tank) calculations.
No Physics/Electrical problems for me that day (I heard people the day before got some can't confirm this rumor).
No Least Common Multiple questions like in Skytest... It was more basic but yet very challenging because of the time! (25 questions in 20 min)

Sometimes, the 4 proposed answers are very differents, so don't do the whole calculation. If the first digit that you find during your calculation allows you to discriminate 3 answers, stop there, choose your answer and move on.

Spatial Orientation = rotating cubes + rotating objets + 3D shapes on Skytest (you have to count the number of plane surfaces like in the sample on eaqc).
I found it like in the sample. Not that difficult.

English, well besides 2/3 words that I never read in my life, it was ok.
If you are serious about working abroad in the first place, it won't be a problem.

Afternoon :
Concentration = Number block tests on Skytest
If I remember correctly there are 8 to 9 rows of 5 digits numbers separated in 7/8 columns.
My technique : look at the middle number and proceed column by column. When you notice a "83" count with your hand so you won't forget.

Memory = Memorize types of aircraft on Skytest + another one with the same philosophy.
For example it shows : "Ship icon : 83" then "Nuclear sign : 98" "Owl icon : 45" and after a while "Ship icon : ?" and you have to type the answer.
One of the hardest for me.

Mental maths :
15 questions with sum, multiplication and division.
9 questions with time calculation (try to remember this : 180 min = 3h, 210 min = 3h30)
Very easy from my point of view.

Perception = Perception test on Skytest
Tbh its the same. A lot of questions where they just ask what shape and colors changed.
I tried to remember the color by identifying some "pattern"

Multitasking =
From left to right on the screen : follow the cross > press A,S,D or F when the light turn blue > press Q, W, E to fill 3 gauges > when you hear your callsign enter the value of the ATC instruction and press enter (no need to click in the area to enter the information).
BE CAREFUL ! You will be using computer with a German keyboard so : QWERTZ. If you are used to another pattern be very careful.

At the end personnality questions for 30 minutes.
We finished all the debriefs around 15:15.

Good luck.

P.S : I will not answer question by PM sorry. If you have a question, please ask here. But to be honest, everything is already on this thread.

Last edited by AndrewLincoln; 25th Dec 2023 at 20:34.