PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Professional advice
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2023, 12:36
Uplinker

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts
The OP's posts appear to have gone through some sort of translation process into English, because their written style and the words used are unusual.

I hope they are not assuming that they can interact with Japanese speakers and Japanese companies in the same way*

I would suggest that believing that you will be able to learn to fly helicopters to a professional standard, AND do so in a very challenging area - both geographically and meteorologically, AND start a business, AND do so in a distant country, AND in a very different language to your own*, are far too many factors.

Any one of these factors is difficult individually, but added together, I would caution that success seems extremely unlikely, and might very well lead to a substantial loss of money.

You really shouldn't jump into any of this until, at the very least, you have passed the appropriate aircrew medical and learned to fly turbine helicopters with a suitable commercial rating, OR have got your business up and running by employing proper, experienced commercial pilots.

Being able to operate complex machinery; (a hydraulic platform maybe, or a crane perhaps?), is no guarantee of success - nor even an indication of an ability - to fly an aircraft. There are many, many more factors to flying than merely operating the machine. There is no overall emergency stop button on an aircraft ! - you have to be able and competent to fly out of any airborne failure or emergency

*(unless the OP is actually Japanese? Maybe Canadian born Japanese?).

Last edited by Uplinker; 21st Dec 2023 at 06:01. Reason: Edited to remove random double line spacing inserted by the forum software.