PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speedbird Pilot Academy - Funded
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2023, 11:04
Alanga1991

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shamrock_flyer123
I didn't make it past the video interview, but I've been keeping up with the application process on here. I’m sure there are a tonne of deserving applicants, but it seems like some chosen candidates benefited from obvious nepotism. Two kids of a BA training captain got in, and it turns out they both went to private schools which cost upwards of £10k per term. In another case, someone was already enrolled on an integrated course with a large ATO. BA claimed the Speedbird Pilot Academy would break down cost barriers, but it feels like a mockery for someone like me who can't afford it. The academy had potential, but nepotism limited its impact to just a few. Private school education or having parents at BA seemed to be the golden ticket for this opportunity.
Theres 100 spaces. There’s bound to be people who got through based on nepotism, or those who can afford it 10-fold. If I too were a training captain at BA, regardless how minted I am, I’d still push my kids through. You’d do the same too. It’s a part of life. But I’d like to believe BA have been fair. And will reserve judgement until I’ve seen those who’ve won these. Hopefully they’ll restore my faith in aviation after the debacle that was TUI’s ‘diverse’ line-up! Also, just because you can’t afford it doesn’t mean you deserve it. 20,000 people applied. I’m sure a majority of them can’t afford it just like us. 100 won, the rest of us lost. Part of life. Move on