PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Professional advice
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2023, 04:06
SLFMS

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts
Pticka

I’ll be blunt but please don’t take offence as that’s not the intent.
I think there is something inherently arrogant about your plan, and your perceived ability to solve the many real problems that have been raised. However I will also say I find Elon Musk is extremely arrogant so recognise that is needed for some projects. It’s a good idea to recognise your attitude going in. Maybe you areas capable as him!

Honestly having come from the industry you have clearly been successful in, would it be reasonable for someone with zero experience to enter and with a years experience successfully set up a multi million dollar business and succeed???

I have no direct experience so take it with a grain of salt but I hear with Japanese all foreign people are considered Gajin which translates to foreigner. While the Japanese are very polite and like interacting with foreigners they are outsiders. In fact my understanding is within Japanese culture they are very closed off to even there own people and have extremely tight inner circles. Real friendship doesn’t come easy and politeness does not equate to niceness. You may find been seen as a foreigner in a closed culture makes some of those hurdles hard to overcome some here have implied impossible.

Your proposed undertaking has a massive amount of risk. I would advise you work for an existing company and keep your money in much less risky ventures or as has been suggested buy into an existing business at least until you have enough experience to know what you are getting into.

If you have heard of the Dunning Kruger effect, I’d say you estimate your knowledge to be say 5-10% when it is likely 0.001%
heli sking is advanced work that takes experience that can only be achieved in the aircraft.
Setting up a business in Japan you have been warned by people in the know.
Even with 500hrs which in industry is a fledgling pilot those will be artificial. You just can’t simulate hours in the aircraft doing the real job. You won’t have 500hours experience as compared to a working pilot.

I’d strongly advise getting a regular job in industry before risking your money. Even if you buy in and then can get mentored and fast tracked in an existing outfit.

If you are crazy enough to continue who is it for anyone else to dump on your dreams. While you have been warned if you do continue I genuinely wish you good luck and hope you are back on this forum in 5 years to tell everyone they are wrong and you have a successful business.

I’d take a good look at early model AS350’s. you can always get something newer and shiner if things go well.

Last edited by SLFMS; 20th Dec 2023 at 05:03.
The following users liked this post: