PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-11
Thread: Ryanair-11
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2023, 08:07
MANFAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
During a change of flight yesterday evening, there was a significant increase in the fare difference at the very last minute!
I had opted to change the origin of my flight and during the change process on the website the price was quoted as £85, this was no problem as I needed to change the origin. I entered my payment details, accepted the T&C's, received a security code from my bank for the online payment, this was successful and so everything looked good...until I then received a message from the website informing me that the price of one of my products for the flight had changed and therefore I needed to rebook...I was redirected back to my bookings page when after again entering the changes, the price had increased to £199!! Again, as I really needed to modify this flight to another airport, I paid the difference.
But what I didn't understand was why did I have to rebook after going through the whole payment process, to the point where the secure banking process was also completed...I don't know the in's & out's of the Ryanair pricing and ticketing structure, but I can only think there were other passengers booking at the same time which caused the fare to dramatically increase?!
I book with Ryanair around 15-20 times per year and have many times modified my flights, but this is a first for me!