PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RIA Saudi Airlines?
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2023, 16:37
santacruz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by allaru
I also have a friend who has signed a TRE contract and I can confirm it is 14/14 with a salary substantially higher than EK. If the same is offered to line pilots you may need to consider the following.
  • 75 hours in 2 weeks is possible however good luck commuting on top of a compressed roster, it will kill you.
  • 2 weeks off makes commuting to Dubai, Africa, Asia or Europe possible but forget commuting to further destinations such as South America, North America or Australia in 2 weeks.
  • If discounts are offered on Saudi their network may not cover your destination, and what class or priority will you get. If discounts are not offered you may want to check the cost of J class tickets from Saudi. If the allowance is 28000 that would cover one J class airfare to a close destination. It would not cover one long haul destination at current fares.
  • Fights are still crazy full to just about everywhere so you would need to allow extra time to return and be rested for your next night turn around to India.
  • My guess is that you will spend at least 1 or 2 of your 2 weeks off ie 2 month where you can't go home having dealing with the bureaucracy, ie expat stuff such as visa renewals, house rentals, medicals, drivers licenses, for you and any other dependents you may have there. Admin may not take 2 weeks however after you take 3 or 4 days out of the 14 doesn't leave you with a lot of commuting time.
  • If they are seeking experienced Captains they would be earning close to the proposed offer anyway, in the Gulf at least.
The offer would suit someone who has a close commutable location, but only if interline J class discounts are available. Commuting in Y is a definite no go for me.
My own personal opinion I agree with you regarding commuting but I think there will be plenty of takers for 14/14 if the salary is similar to EK. Plenty of unhappy people in the gulf who would try to commute to Europe on that if the money is similar to what they’re already earning!