PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goldwings Warsaw - Feedback
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2023, 12:00
skyvector_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Goldwings Flight Academy-AVOID at all costs.

I am not the type of person to write reviews about every negative experience I encounter, but I had to make an exception for this so-called "ATO' Simply put, stay far far far away from this school because they will not fulfill your needs. First of all, Bartek Jesionek (who somehow holds the title of Head of Training), runs the flight school like a dictator. The man is verbally abusive to students who voice their concerns and is very manipulative. Zero class, arrogant, conceded, and got fired from an air carrier so I've heard. Second of all, the school does not prepare any kind of written contract for your flight training which is a major red flag on its own; they have a reason for this that benefits their shady interests. Third of all, and probably the worst thing of them all, you will pay, and then be grounded for a very long, unknown period of time, completely unrelated to weather reasons. They simply lie about aircraft availability, giving you false timelines about "maintenance" updates, and students suffer waiting for many months, unable to complete their multi-rating because of a lack of aircraft availability. They possess only one multi-engine aircraft (SP-WFA). Business ethics and customer service are virtually nonexistent. I could not sound the alarm any louder, this is literally the worst scam I've ever encountered and you seriously can't make this stuff up. You pay lots of money upfront, fly a few hours, and then you're done. You will blindly wait many many weeks, asking for updates, calling them, emailing them not getting a single response, and getting nowhere while your friends at other schools are completing all their training in a matter of weeks when the weather is fine.

In conclusion, this is a gangster school, and I strongly discourage anyone from even considering this circus show. This is a perfect example of how you can get yourself into serious trouble when you don't do your research and due diligence when choosing a flight school. Please, learn from my mistakes so that you don't make them. I strongly advise everyone when choosing a flight school to do the following things:

1. Make sure the ATO signs a contract with you before any bank transfers are made (Contracts are industry standard in flight training and legitimate, reputable schools will always prepare one to protect you and themselves from liability).
2. Always do your research and talk to current and former students of the schools you are looking into, and get their honest opinions and reviews. I cannot stress how extremely important this step is.
3. Read forums such as this one, but be very careful about particular users who go above and beyond to defend a certain school that is met with negative reviews. In most cases, they are employees or owners hiding behind fake accounts, denying any criticism to defend their company's image. (Yes, I'm talking about you Bartek aka "Gruby" )
4. Do not get fooled by very attractive prices( that's how they get you)
3. Anywhere but Goldwings (their enterprise name is "Aviation Atsm Sp. z o.o. S.K.A." which is the real legal name of the school registered with the civil aviation authority in Poland)

If you got this far to the end, thank you for reading my post, and I hope this was helpful.

Yours Truly,

Just another guy who got scammed by Goldwings