PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loss of Class One Medical - Seizure
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2023, 10:46
Memphis Hubert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PT92
Hi Memphis Hubert,

Thank you for this, most appreciated. I also have seen the EASA regulations regarding the neurologist and agree with you about the 'Acute Symptomatic Seizure' bit, and would agree with you. I just don't understand why the CAA have not asked me to come and see their Neurologist... The seizure was provoked and by a 'Third Party Factor', so what do I do now? Apologies, but I am a little lost sometimes with this..
Hi PT92,

I'm not familiar with the UK-CAA and how they deal with such matters. However their regulations are still more or less EASA-like, so are the regulations about seizures.
What I can tell you of EASA-CAAs - they usually don't send you to doctors when having been referred, only when you applied for a Second Review. It is up to you to prove them that you're fit to fly. I would therefore suggest that you check yourself for a neurologist, who is widely accepted by the CAA. For this contact your AME or AMC (Heathrow, Gatwick), may be they can help you further.
Once your CAA has a document telling them that the probability of another seizure is the same as with normal unaffected people with the trigger being easily avoidable, they should usually reissue the medical class 1 again, probably with OML.