PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Professional advice
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2023, 01:57
Agile

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
I am going to pop your bubble bit more because you are still on a cloud

Originally Posted by Ptichka
1. The Japanese society/business ecosystem: I realize I will always stand out from the general populace, which I'm content with. I plan to fully amalgamate with Japanese society through an in-depth study of the language and culture. I'm committing to a permanent relocation rather than a temporary visit. I earnestly desire to build long-term community relationships and participate fully in daily activities. Frankly, I think there will be a way where there is a will.
you are so far away from reality! its not a matter of standing out, its a matter that you cannot read any contract, cannot even open a bank account or apply for a credit card.
permanent relocation, how? only if your wife is japanese. sure you can learn the language understand the nuances, how long is that going to take?, I say 10 years, I speak from experience.
so you will be 50 yrs old at that time.

Originally Posted by Ptichka
I know some of the particulars of Japanese business practices, as I have long been interested in the subject. I'm glad to retain the services of a reputable bilingual legal firm to facilitate the necessary bureaucratic procedures while I familiarize myself with all the nuances. I'm well aware of the work associated with a successful start-up business, as the funds at my disposal are the product of my merits. The budget of USD 4.5M I indicated pertained to the purchase of the machine only; the rest of the considerations for a functional business infrastructure have already been addressed. I'm perfectly content hiring a local chief pilot from whom I could continue learning.
In Japan business practices, when you think you know, that is when you realize that you don't know.
bilingual legal firm? there are no such thing!, there are legal firm with a broken english interpreter.
there are international law firm group but they charge such a fee that it will make you business plan even more uncompetitive.
even still legal firm is not what you need, you need industry connections, the type of guy that can make it work for you of which there is only 1 or 2.
there is not enouth juice in Hokkaido heli-ski for that.

If you still want to spend stupid money, find a strugling outfit somewhere in the Alps, buy it out and rebuild it.
10~20 years will not be enough to crack the Japan nut.
The following users liked this post: