PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 pay rises
Thread: Jet2 pay rises
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2023, 00:09
MrWhitty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boeing 7E7
What perks are these? Not trying to compete. Just better understand. Allowance towards a TUI holiday?
Pre 2013 15% pension, post its 11% from them. Private medical insurance, loss of license, death in service, money towards a holiday tops out at £2000 after X amount of years. They have an opportunity to get late seats/accommodation in hotels/cruises and a few other bits and bobs. That’s where Jet2 will fall behind in compared to TUI.

I done a few years in TUI, as the poster said above the roster is absolutely horrendous. I tried to stick it out, came from LoCo flying Harp and missed it within weeks. Yes they have a number of rostering agreements in place, block window is the most useful. They’ll still plan you do a 11pm ZTH home at 7am followed by a 9pm CFU later that evening. You can’t dress up charter flying, it’s sh*t.

I do think Jet2 will eventually end the airline aspect of TUI Airways, if not play a fairly substantial role in it.
Jet2s expansion into everywhere is at the expense of TUI, EDI is a perfect example. The list goes on.

All Jet2 need is a 5/4 roster or 5/3/5/4 and they’d have a very very strong package, and some form of a more concrete staff travel package. You can’t help but admire their progress, it’s not perfect but they do seem to have a lot correct.