PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2023, 15:21
Dannyboy39

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
These are all points I have said before so it is time to move on and get back to the airport, as no one is interested in my rants.
You make some very valid points but it’s clouded by your clear and vehement dislike of LBC. They are certainly not my cup of tea either and some of them should not be in post due to lack of qualification, but they have a million priorities to consider and their priority is to get people employed. Why don’t you put yourself up? We do live in a democracy.

The town actually is very strong in terms of SMEs registered in the town. Although it is clear that to the council I’m sure that diversity in employment is needed… this doesn’t happen overnight in what is already an overcrowded town.

In terms of the airport itself, I am certainly torn as to its future. 50% of me thinks that it should be sold, or maybe partly, to private investment but the other 50% recognises, as has been pointed out above, is that it’s then run for profit with them funnelled to other projects in other countries.