PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bonza has its AOC
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2023, 10:20
MickG0105

Received 233 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Mossberg
If the aphorism didn't blind you Mick, that's all you had to do (above). And it kind of proved my point, in that you DON'T get what you pay for.

To me, full service means service recovery when there's a ****up, not **** food on a 2.5 hour flight. I've had one cancelled flight out of the last 10 I've taken. It would appear some of you lot are **** magnets.
The aphorism hardly blinded me, it was the relative futility of the task given the varying subjective value that people place on different aspects of the flight.

Rex offer one flight a day between Melbourne and the Gold Coast, JQ offer seven. Does that flexibility have any value? For some people it does, others maybe not.

Do you have flexibility regards the day you travel? If so, flying on the 5th, the day before gets you a $43 cheaper fare on JQ (sans bags, $49 v $92), same fare on Rex ($119).

Paying for checked bags - good thing or not? From memory there's no direct equivalent between the 23kg checked bag allowance included with the Rex fare and the 15kg, 20kg, 30kg and 40kg paid checked baggage allowances offered by JQ, so not exactly a direct comparison there, is it?

Same same regards paying for tucker and having a choice versus having something included in the base fare and getting what you're given.

Every one of those aspects will be valued by different people in different ways.

And which airline is reasonably likely to have better service recovery; the one with one flight a day, or the one with seven?

And bear in mind that here we're just comparing two out of the four options, so, it kind of proves my point actually.