PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA f/os Wanting GSS commands
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2004, 07:32
Tandemrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I genuinely did want to cease posting (and reading) this thread. However, as my parting contribution, I can do little more than echo Hand's educational contribution.

In a nutshell:

Gss's major (only?) customer, BA, identified work for a third aircraft. But they insisted that A PROPORTION of the NEW jobs created at gss by this expansion, be allocated to mainline pilots.

(Why is this so unreasonable?)

As gss is an entirely DEPENDENT, as opposed to INDEPENDENT operator, they were faced with a choice.

Reject the request, and stagnate, or grow the business by accepting the reasonable request of it's client.

THEY alone had the choice, THEY alone made their decision.

Ever heard the phrase, "the customer is always right"?

So you see, all this talk of 'stealing our jobs' is very arguable, as the jobs would never have existed without the arrival of a SMALL number of mainline pilots.

As far as filing a 'law suit' (sounds like an americanism!) I wouldn't hold your breath!

As for Capt Corelli, I am intrigued. You wrote:

"You are a particularly arrogant individual Kevin old chap. To comment about BACX when you are not actually part of it"

Doesn't that sit rather uncomfortably with the fact that you feel able to comment about gss, when you are not actually part of THAT?

Would that be sufficiently;

"polite, well argued and devoid of emotional, arrogant, OTT, claptrap" for you eicas?