PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vigil (BBC 1 - 2023)
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2023, 15:33
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 127 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by ericferret
If they do one on the army it will clearly be fiction.
They couldn't possibly broardcast a program with a minimum of two F words per sentence often concluded with the C word.
I suppose things might have changed a little since I came out.
As VM said, "Soldier " would have confirmed your suspicions...and, Infantry have now been re-branded to "Infanteers "...

However, if you want something completely surreal, try "The Kings Guard " on C5....the content is a cross between " Monty Python " and "Blackadder ", except, it's not supposed to be a comedy.

Amongst the little gems so far...the wearing of circus clown slippers in the Mess / not permitted to bring ones dog into the Mess if belonging to one Regt, but ok if with another. A lady tank driver trainee who grazed a tree whilst parking it...who would ever have known the Army were so eco minded with tanks and trees...albeit showing an Ajax was possibly not a wise move.

The last episode was hilarious...and inspection where somebody "terribly important " appeared to have, what in different circumstances would be called a boot fetish, plus people walking around with riding crops under their arm...but, the best bit was sir being shown how to stow his sword with the helpful advice about "not wanting to stab the horse "...the horse wasn't interviewed...unfortunately.

For those who think "Vigil " is dire, and have been critical of recent programmes involving the RAF, try not to laugh and vomit at the same time watching the Army doing anything but promote itself as a career....well unless you actually like inane and archaic BS and ceremonial of course.