PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bonza has its AOC
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2023, 13:19
Mr Mossberg

Received 165 Likes on 78 Posts
You get what you pay for
Yeah/Nah. I'm one of those weirdos that is not seduced by frequent flyer schemes or a pathological following of a brand.

REX, don't have frequency but their airfare prices appear relatively stable to me, their prices don't seem to vary wildly. So you appear to get value for a predictable price.

JETSTAR, are just horse****, their prices vary wildly depending on who knows what factors. Their prices can be 50% more than Virgin (on the routes I fly). Can't say that their service is a whole lot different to Virgin other than the vibe, which is low cost, so if the vibe is low cost, why aren't they? Often they are the dearest.

VIRGIN, I've found to be clearly the best value consistently. You get some cracking fares sometimes while benefitting from their 'full cost' infrastructure.

QANTAS, can't remember the last time I flew with them, cos their prices are NEVER the best value. I'll pay a bit more if the service or schedule suits, but it never does.

You don't really get what you pay for as there are people that will fly Qantas no matter what, like there are sheep that will accept a lockdown despite science and evidence.

I expect Mick will do an analysis on getting what you pay for though, we'll see.

Last edited by Mr Mossberg; 17th Dec 2023 at 08:32.
The following 3 users liked this post by Mr Mossberg: