PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-4
Thread: Edinburgh-4
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2023, 07:42
tartan 201

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GeorgeNTravels
I've taken this from the DXB report as the EDI one is not public.

It doesn't show EDI as a cancelled destination, but suggests they aren't returning in S24.

I'm not sure it does suggest that. As I understand the data, the changes shown are the data in the S24 Initial Coordinated Schedule as cleared on the 23rd October 2023 against the S24 Historical Schedule as cleared on 17 August 2023. I don't know what the historical schedule showed for any EK EDI service, but it could be surmised that it showed more than 241 movements, given that the subsequent initial coordinated schedule shows a reduction of 241 movements but EDI is not showing as a cancelled destination (implying that there must be one or more movements still in the schedule for that route).

There are 30 weeks in the S24 schedule, so a daily service operating throughout that period would represent 420 movements. A reduction of 241 movements from that would leave 180 movements, which equates to a daily service over 90 days (or a <daily service for more days). Working back 90 days from the end of the S24 season takes you to around the end of July. So the data you've shown could be interpreted to mean a return in August rather than no return at all. Two other observations: this post suggests a possible EK return to EDI on the A350 in S24 and this post states the first A350 is due in August 2024.