PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hill Helicopters HX50
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2023, 22:02
Jetexec

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
I was one of the more fortunate ones who was able to attend the latest gala Jason Hill held at Duxford. Aside from the 3 fantastic days I had checking out Cambridge, we also had the opportunity to mix and mingle and ask legitimate questions instead of throwing around additional speculation ;-). I for one am still impressed with the progress I saw on the two airframes that Hill had on display. Do they have more work to do? Absolutely, self admittedly Jason tells you this. Do you know why a common product is called WD40? It took 40 cracks at it to get it right......bet you all have a can of it in your garage. There are still many more hurdles to jump over, but I think they are on the right track. I am confident enough to say that because I ordered two more HC's when I returned home. That in itself doesn't make me the smartest guy in the room, but it just goes to show that an intelligent person (I'm assuming that's me) who has an Aviation mechanical background as well as a commercial pilot's license can ask the questions to the appropriate parties to make a well informed decision. All this chat about the "horrid" panel or "those rotor blades don't look real" kind of questions are completely irrelevant. He wasn't trying to sell us an airworthy helicopter at this event. I'm 6'4" and when you can sit in a seat comfortably (try that in a Bell) or visualize first hand the luggage capacity that this helicopter has, that was quite an accomplishment (as well as all the other neat bits). No one there expected to be taken for a spin in an HX50, and no one there expected that what we saw was ready the end user. All this talk about the chances of the digital screen failing or how your alligator arms won't be able to reach the collective are all CNN news worthy, but like CNN news, they are just distractions to many who won'y ever get a chance to sit inside one of beauties. I urge you again to throw some positivity in your minds and wait the end result. I bet you'll be asking to go for a spin in one one day soon! Play your cards right and you may get the chance, but try not to spill the "half empty" glass of water in mine.
The following 3 users liked this post by Jetexec: